Manchester Hebrew Association founded religious classes in 1838 and by 1842 established a school at Halliwell Street, Cheetham, moving to Cheetham Hill Road in Spring 1851.
In Oct 1869 it moved to a larger building in Derby Street, Cheetham, and became known as the Manchester Jews’ School. From 1941 to July 1959 it shared a building with the Infants and Junior Departments of Waterloo Road School, Cheetham. The school then moved and opened as the King David Schools, Crumpsall on 7th Sep 1959.
Between 1959 and 2010, the King David High School, Junior and Infants schools shared the campus on Bury Old Road/Eaton Road.
The King David Infants and Junior Schools merged to become a Primary School in 2010 and both the Primary and High schools moved into the present building on the same site in November 2010 and the Primary School became a single academy in 2013.